Monday 21 January 2013

Saul Bass Quotes

As our next project, we were each given a 'design hero' which we were to re-brand through a set of tasks over the 4 weeks of the project. I chose Saul Bass from the hat who I originally had not heard of however after a bit of research, I was familiar with his work. He was an American Graphic Designer who was best known for his design of film posters and film credits. I found a quote of his which I found very inspirational and something that I can definitely relate to.

"Learn to draw! If you don't, you're going to live your life getting around that and trying to compensate for that."

After reading this, I decided that it is probably time for me to learn to draw. I am definitely a culprit of this and always find myself trying to create designs using anything but drawing when it would really help me. People say that the only way to learn is by practising so I am definitely going to do more drawing in my spare time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment