Saturday 1 December 2012

How to tie a windsor knot

For the past 6 weeks we have been taking part in one day projects covering loads of different areas of design. This week I had an information design workshop. The brief was 'From the lucky dip of subjects, you are required to explain the process in visual terms only - NO WORDS!' I was given 'How to tie a windsor knot'. This is something I am not very familiar with as I have never worn a tie and therefore it required a fair amount of research before I could start the project. 

I experimented with different ways of drawing my subject and also used different mediums to find the style which I felt worked best. 

 



I then created my final piece on illustrator adding a background and labels to show the order.


No comments:

Post a Comment